Friday, November 1, 2013

SPECIFICATIONS

Electric Eagle Talon ICE vs EV Specifications


The turbocharged 4 cylinder was fun to drive.  The electric should easily exceed that!  Below is a comparison of the performance data.


Specification Gas Electric
Weight (lb) 3,119 3,300
Torque (ft-lb) 214 @ 3000 RPM 250 @ 0-5000 RPM
Power (hp) 210 @ 6000 RPM 238 @ 5000 RPM
Fuel Consumption Estimated (MPG : Wh/mi) 19/25 cty/hwy 300
Fuel Consumption Measured (MPG : Wh/mi) 21 Avg *
Fuel Capacity (Gal : kWh) 15.6 27.5
Theoretical Range (mi to empty : mi to 80% DOD) 328 73
0-60 Time (Published : Estimated) 6.9 4.7
1/4 Mile Time (Published : Estimated) 15 13.7
Battery Voltage (LiFePo4, 86 Cells) - 275
Motor (Forced Air Cooling) - 11" DC Series Wound
Controller (Liquid Cooled, Fully Programmable) - Evnetics Soliton1

* yet to be determined.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job with the conversion! I want to do this to my 97 dsm. I have a few questions though. How many ah are your batteries rated? Is the driving range really that high? And did you bring the car to the track to get those numbers? Very impressive. I'm hoping to do a direct drive motor hooked right up to the rear transaxle if I can. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ron, thanks for visiting. My battery selection is the CALB CA100, so 100Ah capacity. I'm hoping the range estimate is close. If not, I'm designing the battery racks with enough space to increase up to 96 cells. My performance numbers are theoretically based on weight and power. I'm shooting for similar performance to OEM and a little more if it works out. Once complete I will probably try make it to a track to verify the numbers.

      Delete
    2. Also, direct to the transaxle would mean a RWD conversion. That could work but I think you would still need a 2-speed gear box to get a decent final drive ratio and keep the electric motor within its RPM limits. I guess it will depend on your top speed requirement as well.

      Delete